Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Blog Response 1

Food in my household is an important role. On weekdays we eat breakfast, lunch (if we can) and dinner. Every day dinner is served, it's at a specific time. Making a schedule for food was made because my mom believed that the people in my household had to be healthy and full. On weekends, my family eats breakfast, and sometimes skip lunch, because these are the days we all are well rested and wake up late, so by lunch time our stomachs are already full. Then by the evening my mom cooks dinner. We all eat dinner together at the dinner table at a certain time. However, food is bought every 2 weeks. We try not to waste food because of our financial needs. When I was in high school I ate every meal of the day, but now that I'm in college, it's rare to see me eat lunch or even sometimes dinner. The reason why I sometimes do not eat dinner is because my mom either cooks soup from her country or I just can't sit down at the dinner table to eat. My mom barely lets us eat junk food, just beacause she wants us healthy, so she rather cook food, even if it's late. Even if there is no dinner on the table I grab canned foodm which is easy and fast to do.

1 comment:

  1. Emely,

    I am intrigued by the way you look at food at different times in your life, and perhaps you would be able to organize an essay using a comparison and contrast of how your view of food has been altered...altered but not forgotten or completely changed (which is a big difference!).

    Perhaps you can structure your thesis around those two competing notions: that food is important and scheduled, but that as a young adult you sacrifice that schedule for...?

    What's wrong with soup from your mom's country, and what country is that? Why is it her country but not yours? I also found that little part of your freewrite very intriguing and worth reflecting on, if for nothing else, self-knowledge!

    Grade: 10/10

    Professor A.

    ReplyDelete